Last weekend when I was watching the birds at the birdfeeders, a squirrel came down and snacked at one, too. I grabbed the camera; I thought I was too far away to get any good pictures, even using the zoom, but last night when I was downloading new jewelry photos for my Etsy shop, the squirrel photos were there, too, and they weren't too bad.
I know I shouldn't have let him do it, I should have shooed him away, but he was cute (for a rodent), and pretty tenacious.
I especially like this one, with the fat little bird sitting on the branch next to him. "Um, excuse me! This is a birdfeeder!"
I went to the library yesterday and came home with a BIG stack of books. The library I normally go to, the one closest to our house, is undergoing renovation, and it's been closed for several months. There's a temporary location at a mall, where I go to pick up books that I have on hold, and return books, but they don't have much of a browsing selection. So I went to another branch a few miles away. It always has a better selection of new books, anyway. The ones I got are mostly paranormal anthologies, with a smattering of other stuff:
- Patterns in the Sand: A Seaside Knitters Mystery / Goldenbaum, Sally
- Killer cuts : a dead-end job mystery / Viets, Elaine
- The Horror Writers Association presents Blood lite : an anthology of humorous horror stories / Anderson, Kevin J.
- Road trip of the living dead / Henry, Mark
- Real vampires don't diet / Bartlett, Gerry
- Hounding the pavement : a dog walker mystery / McCoy, Judi
- Mysteria Lane / Davidson, MaryJanice
- Seraph of sorrow : a Jennifer Scales novel / Davidson, MaryJanice
- Wolfsbane and mistletoe / Harris, Charlaine
- Jack wakes up : a novel / Harwood, Seth
- Never been witched / Blair, Annette
I stayed up late last night and read "Killer Cuts," and finished it this morning in bed. I'm sure I won't read all of them, but that's the beauty of the library, I can pick books that I'm not sure of, just gather up an armload, and if I don't like it, I don't have to read it, and don't feel guilty like I would if I had bought it.
Yesterday I spent quite a bit of time beefing up my Etsy inventory. I purchased two showcase spots for today, one for bracelets and one for earrings. I had never done that before, so wasn't sure if I would have a lot of sales or not, and didn't want to run out of things. It's a little after 1:00, and I haven't seen any activity at all so far, so maybe it was a waste of money.
I know you can never tell with advertising. I've tried several different things, but I haven't had a lot of success with Google ads or Facebook ads, so I thought I'd try this. I suppose, if nothing else, it's knowledge.