All you have to do is believe . . .
We put up the Christmas decorations at work today. Four trees -- one in my office (small desktop one), another small one on top of a bookcase in the lobby, a slightly larger one next to Anna's desk upstairs on a table, and the big one on the third floor in the alcove where you get off the elevator. And Anna made a couple of wreaths, one for each floor.
There has been a meme going around Facebook, and while I never do those, this one was kind of interesting. It was a challenge to list ten books that had meant something to you, that had stayed with you. Most people listed mostly classics, most of which wouldn't be on any list of mine. But I challenged myself to come up with ten, and these are mine, in no particular order:
- Ladder of Years - Anne Tyler
- Dhalgren - Samual R. Delaney
- American Gods - Neil Gaiman
- Lord of the Rings - J. R. R. Tolkein
- Snowcrash - Neal Stephenson
- Bird by Bird - Anne Lamott
- The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
- The Doomsday Book - Connie Willis
- The Talisman - Stephen King and Peter Straub