Friday, June 15, 2012

Out of touch

Came home last night, turned on the television to watch something while I ate dinner, and there was nothing but static. Tried to get on the Internet, nothing. Tried the phone. No dial tone. We have new neighbors, and when I went to work yesterday, there was a cable strung across the yard; when I got home, it was gone. So I figured the cable company came out to bury the cable, and in the process, cut ours.

Called the cable company, the earliest they can come out for sure was next Wednesday, but said they would try to find something sooner. So about 10:00 my cell phone rings. It's the cable company, and they can come out today (Friday) in the afternoon. It's a terrible time for me, I'm supposed to be talking at a meeting then, but if I don't take it, I won't have television or Internet all weekend. And even though the problem is outside, they say I have to be here.

So I said okay. I'll go to work, come home, and if they come on time, go back and maybe make my meeting. All for something that they caused.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Ugh. I feel your pain. It's so aggravating that they insist you be home for that sort of repair. Hope it's all better now.